Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Book 11

Title: The Last Summer (of You & Me)
Author: Ann Brashares
Pages: 306
Setting: Long Island, New York
Recommend: No. I would only recommend this for someone who wants some really shallow reading. It did not grab me emotionally and I didn't care about the characters.

Redeeming Quality: It talks about how amazing the ocean is at night. (my favorite time and place in the world.)

Favorite Quotes: "Everything beautiful is fragile."
"Riley yearned for the ocean because it was wild."
"'I missed you.' Oh, the things he found himself saying. He used to imagine that people made themselves say these kinds of things when they were in love so as to demonstrate their status. He didn't realize they would just come out of you without you even being able to stop them."

Misc: The main characters named the beaches just like my sister and I named areas of the creek in our backyard when we were little.

No comments:

Post a Comment